Off the Wall Gala
Are you ready for a night of excitement, creativity, and your opportunity to bring home stunning artwork from our talented local artists?
Attend in person or virtually from home
FRANK’s signature fundraising event is well-known for its excitement, spectacular selection of art, and community roots. Join us at 6 pm on October 21 for our 13th Gala supporting FRANK Gallery’s mission to enrich our community through art
When and where is the Gala?
Saturday, October 21, 2023 at 6 pm
The Gala will be held in the gallery as well as broadcast live via Zoom for attendees who want to enjoy art and gourmet food in the comfort of their home. For guests attending in person, a full bar and heavy hors d’oeuvres and light snacks will be provided by Alan Dehmer with nationally recognized guest chef Justin Burdett.
How does it work?
With the purchase of an Art Ticket, your name is entered into a pool with other art ticket holders. During the gala, the names of art ticket holders will be drawn at random (this is the fun part!) and read out loud by our emcee, local radio personality, Aaron Keck. Once called, you’ll have one minute to choose your favorite piece of art “off the wall” to take home. It gets exciting as you never know what piece will go next! This year ‘s event will be hybrid, meaning we’ll offer a limited amount of in-person art and companion tickets, and some online virtual tickets! In-person guests will enjoy delicious food and an open bar. Online guests have the same chance to select art off the wall, but from the comfort of their home.
There are more than 70 pieces of donated art (from our generous artists!) all valued at more than the price of a ticket! We invite you to see all the artwork ahead time in two ways, in-gallery or online. Visit the gallery the week before the Gala to see all the donated art hanging. Also, preview the works below.
How to access the Gala on Zoom
· Go to https://zoom.us to download the Zoom app to your computer, if you don’t have it already
· Once you have Zoom installed on your computer, go to this URL https://ncsu.zoom.us/my/brandfortner (or click on the link on our website on the gala page)
· You will then go to the waiting room where you will be let in for the event
· Click on “Join with Video”
· Please orient yourself with the features and layout of Zoom, and use “chat” to ask us questions during the event, Feel free to call us at the gallery if you have questions before the event (would be best to call earlier in the day )
· We will ask you to mute yourself during the event and unmute when your name is called to call out the piece you have chosen. Get ready to have your choices made when we call you.
There are so many fabulous new items this year and more than ever!! Make sure to visit our online auction that benefits FRANK’s service and outreach programs.
Tickets are sold out
A big thank you to all the FRANK supporters joining us for this year’s Off the Wall Gala.