Thursday December 4, 2014 6-8 PM
Help bring in the holiday season with FRANK! Once again, FRANK will be collaborating with the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and the N.C. Cancer Hospital to collect new and very gently used art supplies for the Expressive Arts Program. The program gives UNC cancer patients and caregivers the opportunity to express themselves through art.
On December 4th FRANK will host a holiday party and kickoff event, there will be a bin for art supply donations. Items may be dropped off prior to the event and throughout the month of December. Please contact Torey Mishoe, gallery manager, at 919-636-4135 or email@example.com with questions or for more information about the event.
During your visit please check out the exhibit: Penland Area Glass Art. This show will take place from November 11-January 14, with an opening reception on November 14th, and will showcase the glassworks of Penland artists.
Suggested donations for the Resource Center Mobile Art Cart include:
· Art project kits with all supplies included
· Beads, especially crystal, for jewelry-making
· Other jewelry-making tools and supplies
· Spools of ribbon, wire, string, etc.
· Photo frame cards (white or cream with die cut photo window)
· Hardcover journals and sketchbooks (new)
· Scrapbooks and scrapbooking supplies (new)
· “Bling” stickers and holiday sticker sheets
· Paints and brushes
· Canvases (new)
· Large plain muslin tote bags or aprons for craft projects
· We recycle beautiful greeting cards you receive from family and friends
· We recycle old jewelry for various projects