R2R 2016 Guidelines
A juried show featuring dresses made entirely from recycled materials.
Single or group entries are accepted.
Commitment deadline for entries is January 15, 2016.
Photographs of final submissions, model names, and all final information will be due to FRANK no later than April 20, 2016.
Dresses will be due to the gallery May 6 -8, 2016 during regular gallery hours.
Reception and Trashion show will take place the weekend of May 13-15, 2016 - Details TBD.
Dresses must be picked up from the gallery June 6-7, 2016.
Cash prizes and artist-made trophies will be awarded.
A panel of guest judges will award prizes; jurying will be done based on the following criteria:
- Creativity of design
- Use of Materials
- Innovation (how well the creative design and use of materials intersect)
Guidelines for entrants:
- Dresses must be made to fit a dress form and/or human body and be wearable in a fashion show.
- "Fabric" (ie. old clothes, bedding, upholstery, etc.) is not allowed. Entrants using these materials will be disqualified from jurying and prizes, and may risk exclusion from the fashion show and/or exhibition.
- NO perishable items, dirty materials, toxic or hazardous materials are allowed. The inclusion of these will result in disqualification and exclusion from the fashion show and exhibition.
- Garments must cover all of the necessary body parts. Please remember that this is a family friendly event.
- All other materials are encouraged. Entrants are encouraged to be creative and recycle and repurpose materials for use in the competition. But remember, not all recycling comes directly from the recycling bin!
- Fasteners of all kinds are allowed: glue, wire, string, etc. Please be sure garments are created to last through the exhibition and durable enough to be worn for the fashion show. Hand or machine sewing, as well as elements like buttons, zippers, and traditional sewn closures are permitted as long as the rest of the garments meets the above criteria.
- “Recycled” accessories are always encouraged but not required.
- Participants should are responsible for finding their own model (or model it themselves). Information for models will be requested with the April 15th photo deadline.
We are looking for style and original thinking. We are open to all styles of garments, they need not just be dresses in a traditional sense. Menswear, pants, and other fashions are welcome! We encourage you to think outside the box, be creative and have fun!
If you have any questions about submissions, materials allowed, or for general inquires about this show, please contact Torey Mishoe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-636-4135.