Title: Event Planning Volunteer
Purpose: Work on all aspects in planning and execution of fundraising events at FRANK Gallery
Location: FRANK Gallery and working from home
Working closely with the Fund Development Committee develop plans for an event including
• Overall content, purpose & goals of an event
• Identify & contact potential presenters, performers, artists for an event
• Work with others to identify a marketing strategy & publicity based on primary audience
• Determine costs and suggested ticket price
• Coordinate set up for an event
• Assist with recruiting other volunteers to help with event production
• As appropriate, contact local businesses about financial support for an event
• Assessment of each event with brief report to the Board on dollars raised, etc.
• Coordinate thank you notes following an event
Reports To: Gallery Manager & working closely with Fund Development Committee
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours/week (varies during the year)
Person interested and excited about the arts and supporting the success of the FRANK Gallery as an art destination and outreach program for the arts in Orange and surrounding counties.
• Experience with event organization and planning
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to work independently once decisions are reached about events to be held
• Able to work collaborative with others affiliated with the Gallery in contacting people to contribute to an event as performers/speaker, etc.
• Experience with Microsoft Office software.
Individual familiar with the Chapel Hill & Orange County Community is desirable.
CONTACT: Torey Mishoe, Gallery Manager, 919-636-4135 or email@example.com