NOW TAKING APPLICATIONS (link below)
Apprentice Program for Emerging Artists
We will begin accepting applications on April 1, 2017, check back here for information and instructions for submission.
We are seeking a promising young artist, age 20 to 35, for our one-year apprenticeship program. We hope to provide him or her with the opportunity for professional development while also diversifying our membership. The apprentice artist will work with gallery members to share their expertise, explore new ideas, and foster mutual growth. Selection will be based primarily on the strength of the art work. All qualified applicants are welcome to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
The apprentice artist will receive these benefits:
- Participation in the collective as a non-voting member
- Mentorship by experienced, professional artists
- Waiver of membership fees ($740 total)
- A featured exhibit, participation in the Members' Spotlight, and possible opportunities for other group shows at FRANK
- 75 percent commission on sales of his/her art work through FRANK Gallery
- Unrivaled access to the arts community in Chapel Hill and the triangle
In return, like regular gallery members, he or she will:
- Participate in gallery committees, attend meetings, and assist in planning of gallery events
- Perform two shifts of gallery duty (8 - 10 hours) per month
- Give an artist talk or demonstration during a scheduled salon in conjunction with featured exhibition
- Help develop a community outreach exhibit and/or program
There will be one residency offered annually. Work will be juried by member artists of the collective. All media will be considered. Selection will be based primarily on the strength of the art work. Submissions can be made from April 1 - 30 via a link found on this website.
Only online submissions will be considered. Do not email or mail any submissions to the gallery.
- At least, 5 but no more than 10, professional quality digital images.
- Artist Statement 200 words or less.
- Artist Bio 200 words or less.
- CV one page maximum.
- Your website address, primary phone number, e-mail address, mailing address, date of birth.
We will notify you of the jury’s decision by May 15, 2017. Residency is from August 2017 through July 2018.